Girlings Retirement Rentals Limited (‘Girlings’) recognises the importance of your personal data and takes its protection very seriously.
Girlings is registered under the Data Protection Act and we will never give your information to anyone who does not need it to do their job.
We never release your personal details to any companies outside the Places for People Group for mailing or marketing purposes without your clear consent.
The Information we collect & how we use it:
When you enquire or register for services provided by Girlings, you will provide us with certain personal information. This information may be provided online through our website, by telephone, electronic communications or via direct contact with our employees. This information will be stored on our computer systems and in our manual records.
We will use the information we hold about you in the following ways;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To help us manage your tenancy on a day to day basis and to ensure that either party is abiding by the terms of their tenancy agreement;
- To carry out our obligations to you and our other clients in respect of the provision of tenancy management services, including but not limited to, letting and tenancy administration, rent collection, deposit administration, credit control and arranging maintenance and repairs;
- To notify you of changes to our services and terms and conditions of business.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as is required by law.
We may need to pass on your data to third parties in the following circumstances;
- If you are a tenant or potential tenant or landlord or potential landlord;
- To third parties such as credit reference agencies who are engaged to provide services to us in connection with a service we are delivering to you;
- If we consider it necessary to carry out checks on you for the purpose of our compliance with statutory laws and regulations;
- To third parties who you may engage directly to provide services to you or who you may instruct to provide personal information to us.
- To protect your welfare we may need to share personal and sensitive information with the development Management Company, Police, Local Authority Health & Social Services or voluntary welfare organisations.
- Where services are provided to us by a third party and it is necessary or expedient for us to share information with such third parties.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law, and
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more effectively, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why;
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|Site cookie acceptance
|Identifies if cookies are enabled on browser
||This cookie is essential to identify if cookies are enabled on your browser
||Microsft Cookie information
|Property Search history
||This cookie is essential to use the Girlings property search
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by google analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Any such changes will be effective once posted on this page.
How to Contact Us:
If we do not meet your expectations or you are dissatisfied about the way your information is held, you should write to the Data Officer;
Mr Simon Hamilton
Girlings Retirement Rentals Ltd.